From Species File Help
Revision as of 14:28, 13 September 2012 by MattYoder
tblIdentifications contains record of identifications on labels or in publications or by placement in trays.
- Each identification must have either HigherTaxonName or a genus name that can be located via NomenclatorID.
- At least one source of identification must be stated.
- RefID, IdentifierName, PlaceInCollection, and IdentificationModeNote are the four possible sources of identification. Placement in collection is considered not worth recording if one of the other sources is listed.
- If the genus is specified, then HigherTaxonName is left blank.
- If the identification is from the literature, then RefID > 0.
- If RefID > 0, then names of subgenera, genera and higher taxa must be present in tblTaxa.
- If RefID = 0, then names of taxa are not required to be present in tblTaxa.
- SpecimenID, integer, 4 bytes, = tblSpecimens.SpecimenID
- SeqNum, integer, 2 bytes, sequence number for identifications for this specimen; SpecimenID and SeqNum together form the primary key
- HigherTaxonName, text, 30 characters maximum, name of taxon higher than genus rank, used only when there is no identification at genus rank or lower
- NomenclatorID, integer, 4 bytes, = tblNomenclator.NomenclatorID
- TaxonIdentNote, text, 300 characters maximum, any additional taxon related information contained with the identification
- TypeKindID, integer, 4 bytes, = tblTypeKinds.TypeKindID; kind of type, 0 if none
- Topotype, integer, 1 byte, 0 = not a topotype, 1 = is a topotype
- TypeTaxonNameID, integer, 4 bytes. If TypeKindID and Topotype both = 0, then TypeTaxonNameID = 0. If either TypeKindID or Topotype > 0, then TypeTaxonNameID = tblTaxa.TaxonNameID of the name for which this specimen is a type.
- RefID, integer, 4 bytes, = tblRefs.RefID, published reference with this specimen identified
- IdentifierName, text, 50 characters maximum, name of person on identification label. To be deleted when linking table to tblPeople is available.
- IdentifierID, integer, 4 bytes, = tblPeople.PersonID. For future implementation, probably in a separate linking table.
- Year, integer, 2 bytes, year stated on an identification label
- PlaceInCollection, integer, 1 byte, 0 = not the source of the identification, 1 = the identification information is based solely on the placement in a collection
- IdentificationModeNote, text, 200 characters maximum, information about the source of the identification
- IdentQualifier, text, 30 character maximum, qualifying text associated with identification
- VerbatimLabel, text, 1000 character maximum, full text of identification label
- LastUpdate, smalldatetime, date and time row last updated
- ModifiedBy, integer, 4 bytes, FileUserID of the signon that made the change
- CreatedOn, smalldatetime, date and time row was created
- CreatedBy, integer, 4 bytes, FileUserID of the signon that created the row