The Orthopterists Society Role
The Orthopterists' Society's Orthoptera Database Committee works in cooperation with the Illinois Natural History Survey.
The Orthoptera Database Committee members are:
- María Marta Cigliano (send mail), Division Entomologia, Museo de la Plata, Paseo del Bosque S/N, 1900 La Plata, Argentina
- Ted Cohn (send mail), Museum of Zoology, University of Michigan, 1109 Geddes Ave., Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
- David Eades (send mail), Illinois Natural History Survey, 1816 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL 61820, USA
- Sigfrid Ingrisch (send mail), Zoologisches Forschungsinstitut und Museum Alexander Koenig, Adenauerallee 160, D-53113 Bonn, Germany
- Michel Lecoq (send mail), CIRAD, Département amis Acridologie opérationnelle (Prifas), TA40/D, Campus International de Baillarguet, 34398 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
- Piotr Naskrecki (send mail), Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University, 26 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
- Daniel Otte (send mail), Academy of Natural Sciences,1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19103, USA
- David Rentz (send mail), CSIRO, Division of Entomology, Canberra, Australia
- Hugh Rowell (send mail), Chalet Oreïna, 3961 Ayer, Switzerland
Committee members are appointed by the President of the Orthopterists' Society. The responsibilities of the committee are:
- To advise on design of database and priorities for tasks.
- To grant awards from the endowment.
- To review proposed changes to higher ranks within the database. This has been proposed, but there is no current consensus that this should be a committee responsibility.