List of tables
From Species File Help
See a categorized list of all tables in the database. The list below is being transformed into the categorized list.
Data about taxa
- tblTaxa, taxon names at all ranks, including synonyms.
- tblRelatedTaxa, linking table to record nomenclatural relationships between taxonomic names.
- tblTaxonHistory, history of concepts and nomenclature for protonyms
- tblRelatedHistory, definition of values used in tblTaxonHistory.RelatedHistoryID
- tblRanks, ranks in the taxonomic hierarchy
- tblSupplTaxonInfo, supplementary information about taxa.
- tblExperts, information about experts familiar with taxa.
- tblSources, references to sources of images, sound recordings and other data.
- tblCommonNames, common names for taxa.
- tblLanguages, the language used for common names in a particular species file.
- tblLanguageList, standard information about languages.
- tblTypeGenera, citation to genus that is type for a family-group name and to oldest use of a name based on the same genus.
- tblTypeSpecies, citation to species that is type for a genus-group name.
- tblTypeSpeciesReasons, reasons a type species has been validly designated.
- tblTypeInfo, effects of citations on types.
- tblDistribution, recorded occurences in geographic areas.
Data about specimens
- tblSpecimens, information about specimens.
- tblSpecimenCategories, categories of specimens (male, female, egg, etc.)
- tblSpecimenCounts, counts for various specimen categories
- tblDepos, depositories that hold specimens.
- tblSpecimenStatus, lost, lost?, missing, missing?, etc.
- tblSexes, sex and maturity classification for specimens.
- tblIdentifications, record of identifications on labels or in publications.
- tblTypeKinds, holotype, lectotype, neotype, etc.
- tblLocalities, information about localities where specimens were found including geologic time period.
- tblGeoLevel1, continent or other major part of the world.
- tblGeoLevel2, region or large country.
- tblGeoLevel3, country or portion of large country.
- tblGeoLevel4, county or other smaller area.
- tblGazetteer, listing of names and the corresponding values in the preceding four tables, used with human data entry.
- tblSeaCoords, polygon lists for oceanic TDWG areas
- tblGeoConvert1, 2, 3, 3A and 4, data used to help convert localities to standardized codes in automated process.
- tblTDWGtoITIS, for conversion of the TDWG geo classification to the ITIS geo classification.
- tblTimePeriods, geologic time period.
- tblCollectEvents, information about the date and collector.
Data about images, sounds and ecology
- tblImages, images of specimens and other items.
- tblMIME (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension code), supported image types.
- tblImageTypes, type of image.
- tblSounds, sound recordings.
- tblEcoRoles, ecological roles
- tblEcoRelationships, ecological relationships
- tblOtherEcoTaxa, taxa in ecological relationships but outside the primary scope
Data about literature citations, etc.
- tblAddrCountries, a list of countries used in the address book.
- tblAddrStates, a list of states used in the address book.
- tblCites, citations to a reference, associated with a specific taxon.
- tblConceptChanges, kind of changes in taxon concepts.
- tblNewNameStatus, types of status for names.
- tblCiteInfoFlags, kind of information contained in citations
- tblRefs, references found in publications.
- tblRefAuthors, linking table to match references with authors.
- tblPeople, names of people (mainly authors) including misspellings, etc.
- tblPeopleReg, registry of data about authors, for future development
- tblPubs, names of publications including misspellings, etc.
- tblPubReg, registry of data about publications, for future development
- tblPubRegDetail, items that may have multiple values for a single registry pub, for future development
- tblPendingPubFiles, linking table used to track the reconciliation of data in tblPubReg and the separate tblPubs in different species files, for future development
- tblPubSuccession, relationship between preceding and succeeding publications, for future development
- tblNomenclator, name combinations at rank of genus or lower.
- tblGenusNames, generic name for lookup in tblNomenclator.
- tblSpeciesNames, species name for lookup in tblNomenclator.
- tblScrutinies, years and comments from persons working on this database.
- tblTaxonScrutinies, linking table to match taxa with scrutinies.
- tblScrutinyAuthors, linking table to match scrutinies with persons.
Data for keys
- tblKeyGroups, groups of one or more taxa that can be separated by using a key block.
- tblGroupTaxa, subordinate to tblKeyGroups, included or excluded members of a group based on a taxon listed in tblKeyGroups.
- tblKeyBlocks, decision blocks for working through keys.
- tblKeyChars, pool of characters available for use in key blocks.
- tblCharTypes, types of characters, for future development
- tblKeyCharStates, subordinate to tblKeyChars, description of each character state for each character.
- tblCharStateDetails, subordinate to tblKeyCharStates, display details for character states.
- tblKeyBlockChars, linking table to match blocks and characters.
- tblKeyBlockBranches, subordinate to tblKeyBlocks, list giving group selected for each branch.
- tblBlockCharStates, linking table to match block character (specific to block) with key character (pool of all characters).
- tblBranchCharStates, linking table for block to match branch with character state.
Data about log entries
- tblEditLog, log of entries that alter the content of tables in species file databases.
- tblEditLogTexts, text information used in log entries.
- tblTestLog, log of test program runs and results.
Data about relationships between ID values, currently used only for spinning off and merging species files
- tblTables, ID values for tables used in tblMatchingIDs
- tblIDrelationships, types of relationships between IDs
- tblMatchingIDs, related ID values within the same table
Data for relationships outside of species files
- tblLinks, hyperlinks to other websites with information about a taxon.
- tblWebsites, information about other websites.
- tblTaxonNameLSIDs, information about LSIDs for scientific taxon names
- tblTConceptLSIDs, taxon concept LSIDs, not yet implemented
- tblDeletedTNameIDs, deleted taxon name IDs
- tblForeignLSIDs, LSIDs issued by other entities such as Species 2000 and ZooBank
- tblConstants, constant values to be referenced by programs.
- tblGlossary, words that are recognized in a glossary search.
- tblFiles, data about the status of various species files.
- tblFileTypes, types of database files based on how they are used.
- tblSources, sources of data in tables in SFSdb.
- Temporary tables used for export to the Catalogue of Life